Skip to main content

IBS 77 - Luke 1:37-38

Luke 1:37-38
“‘For no word from God will ever fail’. ‘I am the Lord’s servant’, Mary answered. ‘May your word to me be fulfilled.’”

Trust trust trust. God is faithful and true. He keeps his promises. He will not fail. I never have to doubt or wonder if he will come through. He is constantly showing throughout the Bible how he never fails. Daniel and the Lion’s Den. David and Goliath. God giving Noah the rainbow after the great flood. And there are many many more. God is also constantly showing me his faithfulness in my life. Providing the funds for Ignite, providing food and water, a place to rest, protection, and many many more things. Every day there is always something new that God shows me of how his word never fails. He will guide me and provide my essential needs wherever he will lead me. 
Mary knew that God’s word never fails. That’s one of the reasons why God chose her to be the mother of Jesus. The angel Gabriel even greets her by saying, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” Mary’s answer to Gabriel after he tells her she’s going to be the mother of Jesus is an answer I always want to give. She says she’s the Lord’s servant. She doesn’t fight Gabriel, she doesn’t say no, she says, “I am the Lord’s servant, may your word to me be fulfilled.” She accepts and trusts. She may have been nervous, but she doesn’t freak out, she doesn’t put up a stubborn fight. 

I want to be able to say “I’m the Lord’s servant, may your word to me be fulfilled”, whenever the Lord calls me to do something. I don’t want to be stubborn. I don’t want to argue. I want to obey everything the Lord commands when He commands it. Trusting the faithfulness, and that He won’t fail. His word will be fulfilled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IBS 14 - Revelation 1:9

Revelation 1:9 “I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.” John, a companion in the suffering. He suffered before us for the kingdom of God. He wasn’t suffering and said he couldn’t do this anymore. He suffered patiently with endurance. He suffered knowing that he would be rewarded. He kept his eyes on Christ.  I want to be like that. When I go through tribulations I want to go through them patiently  knowing that I’ll be rewarded in Heaven. Whenever troubles would come my way, I used to complain and be that annoying girl. I always thought poor me, I’m going through struggles, boo hoo. I never took it patiently. I didn’t endure through it like a Godly woman, I was selfish, feeling sorry for myself.  I had friends who told me multiple times to stop complaining. They hate complaining and would snap at me every time I would c

IBS 75 - Jeremiah 17:7

Jeremiah 17:7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.” I am someone who likes to do things myself. I like to trust what’s seen. I like to rely on on strength that’s visible. I have found that I normally trust in man more then I do God. But I have also found, that the more I do that, the more of a distance builds with Christ and I. The more I do that the more I realize how much man fails, how often people leave. Verse 5 of Jeremiah 17 says, “Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns was from the Lord.”  I say I’m a Christian. Therefore, I need to put my confidence in Him. Christian means little Christ. I’m supposed to act like Christ, and I can’t do that if I don’t have confidence in Him. If I don’t trust Him the way I should. I say I trust Him, but it’s not just head response, it’s heart response ( The Making of a Man of God). To trust in Him is a wonderful thing. Having complete confiden